Wednesday, January 23, 2013

James - Week 3

He is not a big bath fan but loves to be wrapped in his towel.


The boys look great.  I LOOK TIRED!!!
Week 3 was not an easy one for us.  We thought that James was suffering from acid reflux.  Aaron had acid reflux when he was an infant so it was a pretty good guess.  James was also suffering from all the acid reflux symptoms.  Some of these symptoms include eating a lot, spitting up, grunting like he was in pain, fussy, not wanting to lay down, and would only sleep at an incline.  There are several more but these are the major indicators.  So...we put him on Zantac.  We didn't think that was working, so the doctor switched him to Prevacid.  We saw some improvement but within a day he was back to most of the symptoms above.  Now...we realize that babies can have their moments but we knew this wasn't normal.  We took him to see the doctor again.  She noticed that his stomach was bulging, he did seem uncomfortable, and noticed that there was not much we could do to make him happy.  Thank goodness he was miserable for her too.  At this point, she thinks he has an allergy to diary since she could not find anything physically wrong with him.  I've made a few changes to my diet since I am nursing him, and we also switched to Soy formula since we also supplement his extra hunger issues that I don't seem to be able to keep up with.  It has been 48 hours since the changes and we have noticed that he isn't as fussy.  I know it'll take a bit for our changes to really make a difference, but he already seems to be doing better.  We just want our little guy to be happy and enjoy being an infant without suffering.  It is so hard to figure out what is wrong with them when they can't just tell us.  I hope we have figured out his issue and can get him back on track!






No comments: