Nothing like a 2014 scare!!!
25 Weeks
.jpg) |
| 26 Weeks |
.jpg) |
| 27 weeks |
Was totally freaked out last night. I thought the twins decided to start the year joining the world. I woke up around 2 am in some serious pain. I thought it was just my imagination. Everything seems worse when you are sleeping or just waking up, right? I tried walking off and water drinking the contractions away but it was no hope. I finally woke up my hubby and told him it was time to go to the hospital. My dear friend, Diane, came over and watched the kids for a bit while my parents made the drive to watch the boys for the rest of our hospital stay. It was nice being at the hospital knowing my children were taken care of. There is no way that I would have been able to drive, and have Nathan stay home with the boys, in the pain I was in. I was also afraid I would be delivering. Who wants to do that without their spouse? Once we got to the hospital, the contractions weren't as bad. Still there though and pretty painful. Once on the monitors, it was confirmed that I was having contractions. My cervix was also checked. I was dilated at a 2. The good thing is that after being monitored for two hours the 2 never changed. They also did a pre-term labor test and it was negative. Even with the contractions, I was sent home. If the contractions continue today or get worse, I have to go back in. I am so scared that I am going to go into labor that I am resting and pretty much not getting up to do anything today. I'm pretty lucky to be married to a man who agrees with me and is also making sure I take it easy.
If you compare all the pregnancy months I have had thus far, this has been a difficult one. We are getting through each issue, and are hoping this isn't a sign of things to come. My OB did say that issues with twins arrive around this time so I wasn't that surprised but hoped I would just get lucky. These babies need to stay cooking as long as they can. Having babies before 37 week isn't always the best plan. We want their lungs to develop and don't want them to be so small that NICU is a must. We are praying and know God is keeping us in His care and will trust in that!
We are so excited to welcome our twins in the world. We hope they will wait until March. For Christmas, Mom paid for Nathan and me to have a 3d/4d ultrasound. What a neat experience. Sarah and baby boy are so cute!
3 comments:
Glad you are back home with everyone in their place. When does baby boy get a name? :)
Thanks. Not sure about the name. Nathan and I haven't been able to agree on one.
Wow! Those middle of the night L&D trips are scary! I remember. I hope and pray those littles stay cooking for at least another 8 weeks! and hopefully 10-12! Be strong and if you haven't already slow down just a bit! Let me know if I can help with anything!
Post a Comment