Thursday, January 23, 2014

31 Weeks with Mixed News


It has been an interesting two weeks.  After the scare, I met with my doctor to see where things were at.  It wasn't really good or bad news.  My cervix had shortened and it was enough to put me on bed rest.  I was given a Fetal Fibronectin test that determined whether it was possible if I could go into labor the next week or two.  It was negative.  Good news!  Bed rest would take place in my own bed at home.  Both babies were a little over 3 lbs. which we were all very happy about.  I was given some drugs to help keep the babies cooking longer and sent home.  

Last week, we received great news.  My cervix wasn't as short as it was the week before.  Doctor was happy with the news.  He sent me home and told me to continue bed rest and continue taking my medicine.

This week didn't go so well.  My cervix had shortened from last week and we are basically where we were when I went to see the doctor two weeks ago.  I was really upset.  I was given a Fetal Fibronectin test which I will find the results out tomorrow.  If the result is negative, I will continue my bed rest at home BUT will get two steroid shots to help the babies' lungs.  If it is positive, I will still get the steroid shots but will continue my bed rest in the hospital.  Both babies are at a wonderful weight.  Baby girl is 2 ounces from 4 lbs. and baby boy is 1 ounce from 4 lbs.  That is great news!  They just need some more time for lung development.

I guess that is it for now.  Prayers are needed.  I can handle the hospital.  It'll be so hard not seeing my boys as often as I'd like BUT I would be constantly monitored which would make us all feel better.  Bed rest at home is good too, but not so much monitoring which makes us all nervous.  I love being with my boys.  They get me through the day.  I'm not sure how often or how long I'd get to see them when in the hospital.  I know Nathan would bring them up often but it would still be hard.

No comments: