Friday, July 4, 2014

Independence Day

 
This year we continued the Kaboom Town tradition.  This is the 3rd year we've stayed in Addison for the night to see the Fireworks and celebrate the 4th.  Aunt Becca and Uncle Sam from Florida joined us this year.  This was their first time to see the twins.  It was a great evening.  Everyone did well.  James and Aaron got to swim before the big firework show.  Granny and I joined them.  Nathan hung out with the twins in the hotel room. The older boys enjoyed the fireworks.  Sarah and Asher watched but didn't get too excited. I'm not sure how well they were able to focus.








 

The next day we went to Granny and Pappy's house to enjoy an awesome barbeque and country fireworks.  This is also a yearly tradition.  Pappy and Uncle Sam did a fantastic job shooting them off.  James and Aaron were a little bothered by the sound and found comfort sitting close to Daddy for security.  The twins slept in their bassinets outside.  They did peak a few times with the loud sounds and saw a few fireworks. Poor James was stung by a scorpion. That was not good.  I've never heard James scream so loud.  I've never been stung before, so I have no idea what it feels like, but Mom and Dad have, and they said it hurts!



















 
The boys enjoyed water and mud before the firework show began. James wasn't sure about the mud at first but Aaron totally got into it which drew James in without a lot of convincing. What silly boys. 

No comments: