Friday, December 6, 2013

24 Weeks Pregnant

I really want to do a better job at blogging this pregnancy especially since it is our last.  It is amazing how busy life is when you have two little ones.  I would say that things are going pretty well for being 24 weeks with twins. I am just as big as I was this time last year with James. I can't imagine getting any bigger.  My doctor is such a funny guy.  He measured me yesterday and said, "From my measurements, it looks like you are going to have twins."  Now it's official (lol). I would say it was official several months back when Nathan almost passed out in the ultrasound room when they shared the news we were having twins. At least it was confirmed at the appointment that I am measuring where I should be. 

The extra iron a few weeks ago has really helped.  I'm still tired but feel like I can function, which was not the case a few weeks ago.  I haven't been put on bed rest but have been told to take it easy. I've been dealing with contractions but not the labor ones. Just those silly Braxton Hicks! They tend to happen at the end of a long day. I told him I was doing my best taking it easy.  He responded with, "I know your kind."  I guess I don't look like the take it easy kind of gal. Nathan has been really good about helping me out.  I don't have much help during the day with James so I am beat by the time he gets home. James goes to Ms. Kathy's, who also watched Aaron when he was little, twice a week, so that helps. Working for Mithix is going pretty well. It is a lot of work but manageable. It for sure beats working as a teacher. Too much physical and emotional labor was sucked from me daily. As little sleep as I am getting, I feel and look so much better than I did this time last year.

We haven't decided on names.  We've thrown a few around and hope to finalize something soon.  Aaron has a few interesting ideas like Keagan for a boy and Abigail for a girl.  It changes daily. Those are the names for the day. Those names are fine but those aren't in the running especially since we already have a niece with the name Abigail. We do know the baby boy will have Nathan as a middle and baby girl will have Bliss as a middle name.  We figured this is a way to pass on our names in a fair way.

No comments: