Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Allergic Reaction



 Soon after James was recovering from his first ear infection,  I noticed some interesting bumps on his chest.  It looked like a heat rash so I was sure to dress him light that day.  That evening I noticed the bumps on his hands and the back of his neck.  I took him to Acute Care Kids and they weren't sure but figured it was an allergic reaction to something.  The next day, from waist up, he was covered.  He had a few bumps on his legs but nothing like the rest of his body.  A little worried, I got a second opinion. His pediatrician also said it was an allergic reaction.  The only thing we could come up with was the new shampoo we started using with him, blueberries, or Amoxicillin. We were given a steroid to help clear up the allergic reaction and were sent home to figure out what he's allergic to.  We ruled out the shampoo.  We continued using it and the bumps did not come back.  We haven't given him blueberries or Amoxicillin since the reaction.  If we do, we for sure won't give him them at the same time.  I bought some blueberries the other day, so we will try this week and see what happens.  We are pretty sure it is the amoxicillin though. 

No comments: