Fall Festival at Aaron's School


One of the things I love about staying home, is getting to spend time with my boys without having to get permission or find coverage. I so hated looking for someone to cover my class so I could be with my boys. Even though I didn't mind returning the favor, it was still difficult. You have to leave lesson plans for the person covering, make sure the office knows, get permission, etc. I didn't appreciate the hassle. Last week, with no trouble at all, I got to leave my home and attend my son's fall festival. James was at Kathy's that day so it was a perfect day to spend time with my Michelangelo. We had so much fun. We got to decorate a pumpkin with foam stickers, listen to a Halloween story read by one of his therapists, we got to go to a sensory room where we got to touch fake eyeballs and fake glow in the dark brains, we painted, threw spiders at a tape made spiderweb, run around and be silly in the playroom, finger paint a spiderweb, and finally trunk or treat. He did so well taking me to each station. The therapists had some of the students help set up the stations. Aaron was one of them so he knew pretty much what our afternoon adventures would look like. We had an awesome afternoon, and Aaron enjoyed showing me his school. I am so blessed to have an awesome son!




No comments:
Post a Comment