Saturday, October 26, 2013

Especially Needed Fall Festival

I had an absolute blast with my children at the Especially Needed Fall Festival in McKinney.  My friend Diane joined us.  She is a wonderful person who both Aaron and James trust, so it was great to have her there for company and help. It was probably one of the best fall festivals I have been to.  The festival was for kids with special needs and their families.  Aaron's school had sent home a flyer about the event.  I figured it wouldn't hurt to check it out since it was free.  I thought it was a great experience for Aaron and James.  The festival was originally scheduled outside, but due to the bad weather, it was moved inside.  This made things a bit crowded and loud, BUT parents of special needs children are the best.  They are so nice, understanding, and have such love for their children and of course their children, are perfect!   There were so many smiles given.  Bless the volunteers.  They were great and really made the night special for these kids.  
Aaron got to jump in a bounce house, say hello to Mickey Mouse, play carnival games for toys and or candy, ride on a train, trick-or-treat for the first time, enjoy the petting zoo, and eat lots of yummy food.  It is difficult for our family to enjoy things like this so it was perfect for us and we will for sure go again!



No comments: