I love to share stories about my family. I hope this blog will help spread those stories to those who care. Enjoy!
Thursday, February 7, 2013
James (6 weeks) and Aaron (4.5 years)
Things are starting to settle down for us. I've been home with James for six weeks and haved learned so much about him. He is a walking baby which means sitting down and patting his back is not an option. Walking around and patting his back is the way to go. I've learned if you walk around for 3-5 minutes patting his back, he'll let you sit down for a bit, but then expects you to get up after awhile. I'm considering the walking around a form of exercise for now since making it to the gym or waking up early to exercise before Nathan leaves for work, isn't an option. James is not sleeping through the night. He is getting up every 3 hours or so to eat. I love these moments but can't wait for him to sleep a bit longer. This momma needs her sleep. They say sleep when the baby sleep. Besides Sunday afternoon, naps are not my thing. I've tried and I end up staring at the ceiling the entire time James is sleeping. Waste of time I tell you. James loves to nap in his car seat so I'll usually use that time to run errands, go grocery shopping, walk in the mall for the heck of it, etc. If we are at home during nap time I pick up the house, do laundry, wash dishes, get dinner ready, TAKE A SHOWER, etc. I keep myself busy. I usually have a million things to do anyway and only 1-2 of them get done a day. That is a bit depressing, but I really do enjoy my time with James and don't mind a dirty house when I know my little one has had his momma's attention for most of the day.
Aaron is doing well. He loves James but wants him to grow up faster so he can play with him. He loves to kiss James and make silly faces at James. James loves to hear his brother's voice except when Aaron screams.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment