Nathan and I spent the morning of our anniversary with Aaron. We went to The Waffle House. This is a yearly tradition. Nathan and I ate at a Waffle House the day after our wedding. Because it was such a great memory, we have continued it. After breakfast, we dropped Aaron off in Farmersville with my parents. Soon after, we were on our way to Fredericksburg.
Fredericksburg, TX
Nathan and I decided to celebrate 7 years of marriage in Fredericksburg, TX. It was a wonderful weekend. We really enjoyed relaxing at our rural Bed and Breakfast, Among the Texas Stars. It was a little place 9 miles or so outside of town. Nathan "loved" it. I "liked" it. The only reason I didn't "love" it was because of the wasp problem. Nathan killed 8 inside of our place. It didn't bother him. I was terrified that I would get stung.
The best part of the trip for me was enjoying some amazing Blue Bell ice cream at the Fredericksburg Ice Cream Parlor. YUM!!!
Who knew that you could grow peaches in Texas. We had a blast picking peaches at the Marburger Orchard. If you picked peaches, you had to buy 7 lbs. worth. So...guess what??? We brought 7 lbs. worth of peaches back.
We spent pretty much a full day at the National Museum of the Pacific War. It was amazing. I couldn't believe how much work they put into this museum. We learned a lot and have a greater appreciation for this part of history.
1 comment:
Congrats! It looks like you had a great trip!
Post a Comment