Friday, February 28, 2014

February - It truly is a short month!


It was a pretty short month.  28 days just doesn't seem like enough days to make if feel like a full month.  Our family is doing well. I'm still pregnant.  Not for long though.  We have a date set to induce and are really excited.  The date is literally around the corner! We've told some close family and friends the date. If you really want to know the date, message me and I'll share!  I am still taking it easy before the big day.  I am moving around and trying to get some last minute baby stuff done, but my energy level is 0, so I'm honestly not getting much done. Thank goodness for my awesome mom and dad!  They have been by our side through this entire thing. We have totally interrupted their lives.  What a blessing they have been. 

Aaron is looking forward to the twins coming.  James has no idea that his life is going to totally change. He is going to look so big when we bring the twins home.  I think both of them will do really well.  Nathan and I?  Not so much...we already lack sleep with James not sleeping through the night.  This teething thing is really getting to us.  I really hope we get some relief soon at least before the twins arrive.
This month we found a home for our cat, Alaska.  It was kind of odd, but Aaron was extremely upset about the news.  Why?  Not sure.  He was one of the reasons, besides the fact we couldn't give her the attention she needed, we had to find her a new home. Aaron constantly wanted to play or chase her.  She hated it and is just not one of those cats.  It stressed her out and she kept herself hidden most of the time.  With the twins coming, we decided it would be nice to find her a new home.  My in-laws helped us find her a new home. Alaska's new owner is awesome and sends me updated e-mails on how she is doing.  We are truly happy for Alaska.



James and Aaron are doing really well.  Even after 14 months, since James has been born, they are still trying to figure each other out. I just think the two of them are constantly moving to a different phase of their age. They are constantly having to readjust to each other. This is exhausting to me.  James has been teething and we for sure know about 2 new ones.  That brings us to 10 teeth.  James can say Bye-Bye with a wave, he can say uh-oh, no (comes out as na), Aaron (comes out aen), mama, dada, and night-night (without the t though). James can climb.  This has been pretty dangerous since he has no climbing boundaries. That is why he has parents right? SO EXHAUSTING!!!  James is also trying to run.  He'll get there, but for now, it isn't working out so well for him.  He is pigeon-toed which slows him down.  We will hopefully be able to do something about this at his 15 month appointment. Aaron is for sure the big boy of the house.  He thinks it is so cool that he gets to stay up later at night since he is older. He is also "attempting" to play some of the same computer games as daddy.  Who knows if he wins.  He has fun playing though.

No comments: