We had an amazing Thanksgiving Break. We did a lot of things but most importantly, we enjoyed each other's company.
Tuesday the 20th - We took Aaron to feed the birds, we went on a paddle boat duck ride, and Aaron bowled with Alix.
Wednesday the 21st - The men had their day and the women had theirs. Not many pictures were taken during the day. I was told that Aaron spent most of his day outside helping the men with the ATV trails. The girls went shopping. Later that evening, Deric and Amy arrived from Georgia. We enjoyed a fire with s'mores, Aaron and Granny made sugar cookies, and a few folks had a musical evening singing Christmas Carols around the piano.
Thursday the 22nd - The Ugly Turkey Bowl was born!!! The bowl included 9 events. You played each game in pairs and had a different partner for each event. Two pairs won each event. At the end, there was one winner. It was awesome. Ping pong, darts, putt the golf ball in a dust pan, shoot the target, bounce the ping ball ball into the water cup, toss rubber circles onto a target, and Taboo were the games of the day. Aaron enjoyed watching, playing a few events with us, and making his machines. We also had a wonderful Thanksgiving Meal together.
Friday the 23rd - The last of the Ugly Turkey Bowl events, Bocce Ball and Ladder Ball, were played on this day. Our winner, which I sadly don't have a picture of, was Rebecca (known as Aunt Becca to Aaron). That afternoon, Granny and Aunt Becca took Aaron to Chuck E. Cheese's. I went to Sam Moon with Amy and Alix, and the boys went shooting. That evening we all met up at the movie theater and watched Rise of the Guardians!!! The night ended with a family dinner and games. I can't wait until next year. I have big plans to win the Ugly Turkey Bowl! I came in last place. :( I blame baby James. He slowed me down. I still had fun. We all had fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment